Ethio Health Exhibition and Congress
The largest gathering of Medical and Trade professionals in Ethiopia
Ethio Health is the premier, largest and comprehensive healthcare, medical, pharmaceutical and wellness technology, inputs and solutions international trade fair in Ethiopia. The event has proved to be the major platform that fuel the sector development through trade facilitation, market linkages, introduction of new technology and transfer of knowledge for concerned stakeholders across the whole value chain.
Ethiopia is currently experiencing demographic and epidemiologic shift. There is triple disease burden: communicable disease, non-communicable disease and injuries. While communicable diseases are on the decline, non- communicable diseases are projected to rise in the next 14 years.
- The fastest growing economy in Africa and 4th in the world (IMF 2018)
- Forecast of real GDP growth 8.5% in 2018 (IMF)
- 3% GDP growth per year from 2005/06 to 2015/16 (World Bank)
- Largest economy in East and Central Africa
- Ethiopia aims to achieve middle income status by 2025
- 105 Million people (World Bank 2017)
- Growth Rate: 2.46%
- 2nd Largest Population in Africa
- 12th Largest in the world
- Functional Public Facilities: 16,547 health posts, 3,962 health centers and 290 hospitals
- Public facilities under construction: 442 health posts, 100 health centers and 102 hospitals
- 101 Minor Or Centers Under construction
- 410 Minor Surgery OR blocks started and 309 (75.4%) completed
- Private Facilities: 7,245 Clinics and 62 hospitals
(MoH, Annual performance report 2017/2018)
Pharmaceutical Supply and Service
- In 2017/2018, pharmaceutical and medical supplies worth of over ETB 16.22 Billion (~USD 590 Million) procured and distributed by public sector
- Import is estimated at 800 million USD in 2018/2019
- Supply of life-saving medication and essential drug supply reached 82% and 70% respectively
- The health sector spending in 2017 was ETB 50 billion (~USD2.27 Billion), out of pocket expenditure is 37%.
- Projection for 2018/2019 stand at ETB 60 Billion (~USD5 Billion )
- National Budget to health sector is 11.5%
* The overall costing for Health Sector Transformation Plan (2015/16 – 2019/20) is 15.6 billion USD and 22 billion USD in base and high case scenario. (MoH, HSTP)
Ethio Health Exhibition and Congress 2019 was successfully held at the Millennium Hall from 17 of May to 19 of May 2019.
The platform created, helped to bridge the gap between healthcare product & services providers with the solution seeker. Different issues were presented and discussed on the Conferences which made a great impression on the attendees.